Labelling

I saw a fleeting shadow on the floor near the window. A moment later I saw the blurred shape of a bird fly past the alfresco doors. But between these moments was a more surreal one where I doubted what I had seen. The blinds on the window were half drawn and the shadow was too fleeting, so I was unable to identify its cause.

What happens if the mind stops labelling for a moment? What happens when automatic associations are relegated from the forefront of experience?

I observe that a sense of mystery pervades the mind. Concepts collapse into a more singular experience and the sense of being alive becomes tangible. The passage of time resolves to a precise point; moving forward but with existence always a moment in the present.

What is the utility of such mindfulness? Is it anything more than a moment of tranquility?

Consider a sentient AI labelling objects in the world. Would it find it worthwhile to pause its classification and see the true nature of the world as a whole?

 

Photo from i.ytimg.com

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The person that is me…

Darkness...

Shampoo...