I am

When a sage says ‘I’, they do not refer to an individual, but to the ‘I’ that is common in every experience.

There are a multitude of experiences, but underlying them all is an essential awareness, that fundamental  ‘I’, which is the ground for all experience.

On the surface, there seem to be a multitude of separate selves. But what separates them are just dimensions of experience, such as memories, concepts and the range of perceptions. To the enlightened, these are ethereal forms made of the light of consciousness. The forms are illusory, the light is real. Thus disregarding any attribute of individuality, all experience is seen as the domain of a single Self.

What exactly this essential being is, cannot be known. But the universe can only be known because of It. That ‘I’, which must be present for any experience, is fundamental to reality.

I, the unborn and unchanging, infinite potentiality, inexhaustible possibility.


Photo created by kdekiara – www.freepik.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The person that is me…

Darkness...

Shampoo...