The Glassless Window

“What you are now looking out of isn’t two small and tightly fastened windows called eyes, but one immense and wide open window without any edges. In fact you are this frameless, glassless window.”
“On Having No Head” by Douglas Harding.

The word glassless had a profound effect on me. It triggered a palpable feeling that if this view was a window, there was no obvious barrier separating me from the world.

Perhaps this was more noticeable because I usually wear glasses and had taken them off. Some invisible concept collapsed; very much like that feeling when you realise there is just empty space where you had assumed a transparent barrier.

There is a chink in the armour of my concept of self.

 

Photo from www.freepik.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The person that is me…

Darkness...

Shampoo...