Dawn

This morning as I gazed out the window, I imagined seeing the sky with new eyes.

Consider being prevented from seeing the sky, until its memory begins to fade. If you then saw the vibrant hues of a sunrise what would you feel?

Perhaps, seeing such splendor, you would be struck with awe. Not just by the beauty, but because of the magnitude.

I felt as if I could sense the virtually infinite volume between me and the visual ceiling of the sky. It seemed to press down on me.

It was not an oppressive force, but it was an irresistible one. It pushed me down, shrinking the ego to a speck, yet filling my heart to the brim.

Oh, such joy to see majesty in its undiminished form!

 

Photo from www.freepik.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The person that is me…

Darkness...

Shampoo...