Change and Existence...

Growing up things were always changing. I remember so much that was different in me back then, I remember so many ways in which I changed and then changed again. But there were some changes that brought sorrow. There was breaking of bonds, brutal imposition of new feelings, a sudden loss of people I felt so near to me. Those things that were so new and precious, as a child I did not know they could be reformed, maybe made stronger, that there could be others. There were more changes, and there were more scars. In the end I started to hate change in itself; even if it meant something better, brought me closer to what I wanted. I resent change now, even though I grow more depressed and more frustrated with my current state each day. I want change, yet I detest it. Maybe that is why I find it so hard to place my first step in the direction I want. Maybe that is why I can’t even sense the direction I want.

I watched something that touched on existentialism. My world is my own; it is inseparable from my being. It is my interpretations and what I do is entirely my doing. And as the philosophy says, with my awareness of my self I do feel an inseparable sense of anxiety, of dread; of the responsibility I face, of a feeling that I am utterly alone and there can never truly be someone else in ‘my’ world. Maybe the depression I feel myself sinking into ever so frequently now is just a facet of my existence. My world is what I want it to be, and if I am unhappy it is my doing. It is my fault that I can’t imagine my own paradise and change the world I see to fit that image. It is just because I do not know what I want that I cannot be happy, it is not the fault of God, or Satan or any other being…a dejecting thought…I do not want to believe it…for it would mean terrible change…

Comments

Nabeel said…
i dont think you exist

Popular posts from this blog

The person that is me…

Darkness...

Shampoo...